Saturday, October 20, 2012

Christian Hip/Hop nominee Micheal A.V. Mitchell

Micheal A. V. Mitchell nominated for Christian Hip/Hop Artist of the Year 


Michael A.V. Mitchell grew up in St. Francisville, near Baton Rouge, where I wrote poetry, but didn’t take converting it into music seriously until I was in my early 20’s. Things that surrounded me and a passion to reach others took my interest in music to another level. I’m a graduate of Southern University A&M College, youth leader, and music minister. In the state of Louisiana I’ve overcame various challenges which are embodied in my ministry. Music, motivation, and ministry are the key components of my assignment. The form of music that I utilize the most is gospel rap, considering the youth are my primary target. 

When it is used correctly it is very effective in reaching the mind, will, and emotions of those who hear it. My mission is to share the gospel, motivate and uplift, plant hopes and dreams, compel people to come to God, ignite the passion for righteousness, salvation, success, and change throughout the world by the power and authority of Jesus Christ. In the duration of my life I’ve traveled many places operating in the gift of music as well as speaking. 

The ability to convey messages through music is more than a talent or well articulated skill, but it’s a ministerial tool. It’s also a solution to a problem. The problem that I’m speaking of is the negativity and damnation that’s in the music that the world, mainly the youth listen to on a day to day basis.

1 comment:

  1. This is Kedrick Hayes' brother Putt. I want to let you know that I am so proud of your accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on the 2013 Annual Gospel Music Awards Blog, we hope to see you at the Awards March 21-23, 2013 in Mobile, Alabama.